It is possible to upload any craft design from Creative Fabrica in Cricut Design Space. All you need to do is follow the steps below in order to start creating!
Download the file
Two ways to upload
There are two different ways to upload images to Cricut Design Space: Basic and Vector.
Basic images: These files will be uploaded as a single layer, and you will have the possibility to edit the image during the upload process. For this option, choose the .png file included in your download.
Vector images: Includes .svg and .dxf file types. These files can be easily scaled and can be separated into layers.
Upload into Cricut
To upload your downloaded file to Cricut you first need to open a blank canvas (start a new project). You can do this by clicking on 'New Project' in the right corner of your home screen.
Click on 'Upload' in the design panel on the left side of the screen. Further on, click on the 'Upload image' button.
Click on 'Browse' to upload the file you have selected to work with, or you can simply drag and drop the file to the canvas. Depending on which file type you choose, you will be following the steps for either basic or the vector image upload.
We will now take you through the two uploading options.
Option 1 — Basic image upload (6 steps)
1. In the file selector you choose the .png.
2. Select the image type. You can choose between simple, moderately complex, or complex. You can find more information about these different types on the screen. Click 'Continue'.
3. Next you will define the cut lines of your image. Use the Select & Erase, Erase and Crop tools in the tool bar to the left to remove any unwanted background. You'll know how much of the image will be cut by looking at the checkerboard background. Everything that is not covered by this background will be included in the design screen.
If you would make an adjustment that you later regret you can simply press the 'Undo' button in the right corner.
4. To preview your changes before you move on, select 'Preview' to show the cut lines of your image. If you want to continue with making changes of your image, click on 'Hide preview' to get back to the edit screen. When you are satisfied with the result, click on 'Continue'.
5. Now you will choose a saving option for your image. You can add a suiting name to the image and optional tags. When saving the image you can choose two different saving options:
Save as a print then cut image — your image will be saved as it is, including the internal colors and patterns, and the cut image to your design screen.
Save as a cut image — your image will only be saved with the outer silhouette as the image cut path.
6. When you press 'Done', you will be directed back to the upload screen. You can find the image you just created saved in the 'Uploaded image library' at the bottom of the screen. To start your project with your image, select it and press 'Insert image' to add it to your design screen.
Option 2 — Vector image upload (4 steps)
1. In the file selector you choose a file that is either .svg or .dxf.
2. Give the image a name and click on 'Save'.
3. When you saved the image you will return to the upload screen. In the 'Uploaded image library' you can find your image. To add it to your design screen, press 'Insert image'.
4. You will now find the image on your canvas.