One advantage of Fontcloud is that you can manage all of your fonts from one simple overview. For example, Fontcloud makes it incredibly easy to paste a character straight from Fontcloud into your design program.
If you want to paste a character from Fontcloud, please follow the instructions below:
- Select the font you want to use from the left-hand sidebar.
- Once the font loads, you should see an overview of all of the glyphs in the font. Pro tip - PUA characters are automatically highlighted in blue!
- Click on the character you want to copy - you will get a notification at the top of your screen saying "Character copied to clipboard'
- Open your design application and place your cursor where you want to paste the character, then paste the character using 'right-click + paste' or using the shortcut ctrl+v.
- All done! Repeat this process until you're happy with your design.
Having problems pasting the character?
If you are having problems pasting the character in the program you are using to design, please check the following:
- Make sure that you have the font installed on your computer before you paste the character. You can read more about how to install a font here.
- You also need to make sure that the correct font is selected in your design program. If the font is not installed and selected, you won't see the correct font when pasting. Make sure you select the font before you paste.
- If the font jumps back to another font, try typing a simple text like 'aa'. Then select 'aa', the font that you want to use, click in between the 2 a's, and paste. So the text would be: 'aYOURPASTEDTEXTa'. This should prevent the font from reverting back to the default font. Now simply remove the first and last a.
That is how you easily can view your characters in Fontcloud and copy them to your program. If you have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.