The advantage of Fontcloud is that you can manage your fonts in an easy overview. This also goes for copy/pasting a character straight from Fontcloud to your design program.
How to do so is easy, simply follow these steps:
- Select on the left side the font for which you want to copy a character
- Once the font loads, find the character you want to copy and click on it
- You will get a notification on top saying "Character copied to clipboard'
- Now go to the application that you are designing in and paste the character
Simply click on the character you want to copy in the character overview. You will then get a pop-up message on your screen saying 'Character copied to clipboard'. Then you can paste the font into your design program by right clicking and paste.
Having problems pasting the character?
If you are having problems pasting the character in the program you are using to design, please check the following:
- Make sure that you have the font installed on your computer before you paste the character. You can read more how to install a font here.
- You also need to make sure that the correct font is selected in your design program. If the font is not installed and selected, you won't see the correct font when pasting. Make sure you select the font before you paste.
- If the font jumps back to another font, try typing a simple text like 'aa'. Then select 'aa', the font that you want to use, click in between the 2 a's and paste. So the text would be: 'aYOURPASTEDTEXTa'. This should prevent the font from reverting back to the default font. Now simply remove the first and last a.
That is how you easily can view your characters in Fontcloud and copy them to your program. If you have any further questions, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.